Sunday, September 28, 2008

A lot unexpected on the road!

Ever since the Olympic closed, I have been busy working with team to wrap up and transfer everything to Paralympic. I got an offer in Paralympic but turned down. I felt that is very nice that they like my work and ask me to stay one more month, but I need to get back to my normal life routine and make a few decisions on what I will take on next.

Two weeks ago on Thursday, one of my former colleagues Tod said that he saw me on Today show in the air. well, I need to make a few requests to the media since they have a few of my interviews and bunch of official pictures with IOC and U.S. officials. Till now, I got interviews from NBC, CCTV and one from Paris Channel which I do not know how to pronounce, as well as three magazines and one national newspaper. So far, the advice my mom gave me is "please do not be a balloon, always know where your solid ground is." what a wise woman she is! The friends I made in Beijing keep close contacts with me and even further towards our professional interests.

When I thought I am done with my Olympic Journey here, there are a lot of unexpected surprises. Based on my performance, I could go to work for USOC in next Olympic Games. When I asked how I can be an interpreter for them in the English speaking host country, they said they want me to work for board members. Cool! Meanwhile, I am assisting 2016 Chicago Candidacy preparation. The most unexpected surprise is an invitation to White House in October with athletes. Being a new immigrant, it is quite honor to be there and meet the current President. So far, there is a long planning and agenda for that trip. I am more than happy to be there.

I truly believe, that hard working with right attitude and passion will lead your life in the right way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations - that is outstanding!

-The Team at Chicago2016Channel.com