Thursday, July 10, 2008

began to know my team mates

Though I have not met anyone in my team, we have created a yahoo group for USOC Volunteer, sharing our concerns, happiness, questions and crazy plan. This week, Ira and Cheryl asked us if we could have a trip to Xi'an together on Aug. 3rd, seeing Terracotta Soldiers. Since we all have Aug.3rd off, then we have totally different working plan. That would be a quick trip, flying in and out in the same day. oh, Suddenly I feel that I am back to college life, packing a bag simply heading to the unknown road. I have already made my trip with many stops at various cities, truly, fully support Chinese airline business :) It is quite nice to contact the teammates and get to know each other little bit.

So far, the highlight of conversation is what we should wear. Since we have dress code requirements, ye, representing USOC, better looks semi-professional. But there is a restrict requirement that we could not wear any brand showing on apparency, except Nike. "Wow, does that mean that we will have the entire Nike jersey when we return?" I am thinking that I should get a few U.S.A. flag stickers to cover my clothes brand. On the dress code agreement, if we violate the rule, we will be sent back home immediately. then, I am thinking, maybe I should contact with Adidas, Acisis or Rebooks to get some endorsement for wearing their clothes!

Today I went to Amazing Waits site make my connections and give my support to "Go U.S.A!". It is such a good idea. If you have not checked out the site, you can click my site left side "useful links" --> "US Connection". You will not be disappointed with find your favorite connections.

I am a Chinese, definitely I will support Chinese teams. But, working for USOC, how can I ignore my second home -- U.S.A. So far, my teammates made fun of me that I'd better only support U.S.A., finally, I decided that I will hold two flags during the Game, one China, and one United States; Thank God we have two hands!!

1 comment:

jodi clayton said...

Hi Silly Camel~We are so excited for you! Congratulations! We'll be anxious to follow you on your adventure. They definitely picked the right person for this job. Have a great trip! Love, Jojo