Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ChaoYang, fun, relax and cozy!

July 26, 2008 Saturday

ChaoYang, with a very long history over 4000 years, once was the county of Yan's capital. My grandpa is living here. He was so happy to see me. As always, early morning I could not sleep much, he took me and my dad to touring around DaLiang river. This is about 4:30 in the morning, you can see all kinds of exercises groups around, how active they are!



An elder even rides roller-blade!



several group of youth play "jian-zi", a popular game in the teenagers.


practice tai-qi



play er-hu, a traditional Chinese instrument.


DaLiang River


After walking by Daliang river, I went with grandpa to the morning market. This typical market is very unique. I have tried to explain to my U.S. friends about the morning market. As people here do not buy food and stuff to store, especially daily food, not like American shopping style. Every morning, people will get up early to go to morning market which only open from 4a.m.-8a.m., filled with fresh vegetables brought by farmers. You can have breakfast, shopping for other stuff there too!




fresh green onion, very popular here for making lettuce wrap dish.


and more...


eggplant


radish leaves, this is the veggie I tried to tell my Olympia friends that radish leaves can be eaten and very tasty if you dip it in black bean sauce.



It is time to buy fresh garlic.

No comments: