Definitely today is the day that we need to get the lunchon ready and process correctly for U.S. officials. They will be at the closing ceremony. All of us are tired, completely mental and physical tired, but we still push our last minute energy. I am in the morning shift, but never leave by noon, always late. The afternoon and evening shifts told me that they do not have much to do ?? ennn, when I asked USOC staff, they said they have all anonymous decided to ask me to take tasks due to my personaity and persistency. They'd rather wait for me then sign to others. I appreciate their trust and just love this job!
We have been over the process again and again, trying to see if we miss anything. We even want to pretend to be Ms. Chao to see what she thinks, but we are not her, no clue what she will come up with.
While we are waiting, here is our funny transportation boss Derrick making fun of Annie, a lead of 2016 Chicago Olympic Canidancy.
John Hendricks and Mary Mcagg will go to lunchon before leave for states. I know that I will see Mary in Boston soon, but no sure if I could visit Hendricks easily, though he said many times invitations to me. I am so thankful to this opportunity, a special moment to gather those excel and talented people, esp. nice decent crowd, together. I learn more than I dream from them.
It is a very successful lunchon. Talking with Ms. Chao, she gave me less government official feelings than others, more like a business woman and educator. Probably because she is from department of labor, she specifically spent some time with people who serve the lunchon asking their experience. Later I went to her to third floor for Phonix TV interview. Phonix TV is a well-known Hong Kong TV station. Ms. Chao's style is much less agreesive than Ms. Rice and easy to approach with her firm opinions. should say, a good combination of soft and strong sides.
After Lunchon, I was so tired and sleepy. Now my headache came up, which I have not felt after yesterday hitting my head. I sat at USA House balcony, looking at fountain, falling into sleep for a while.
I bought tonight track & field game tickets for my parents. Clearly, this is the highlight of track & field. The outside has been crazy about tonight game, selling tickets over $2500, thankfully, I paid nowhere close this price. I just want my parents having a good time and seeing the closing part of track & field, plus Olympic Green in Beijing.
Later, my parents told me they even carried the mission to find the metal stuff which I hit on, but not successful, just curious what on earth I hit on. ouch! I bet this story will be carried on for years :(
While my parents went to Bird Nest, I took my uncle and aunt back to USA House. They like the dinners here, and enjoy to shop at USA store. Truely, they support U.S team in the different way, by purchasing A LOT of products at the store.
When I went to beverage section, I saw Lopeze Deming, U.S. Flagger in 08 Olympic opening ceremoney, athlete in track & field. His immigration story is unbelievable.
He kept saying "cheer, get a rest!" repeatly, I bet he needs some rest after the competition.
This evening is women Volleyball final. After game, the team got to USA House. Too bad, U.S. lost to Brazil, but this is the best U.S. score ever in Olympic women Volleyball. The coach Jenny Ping Lang, is a well-known "iron hammer" in Volleyball field. I can tell that she would wish for the different result tonight by talking with her, but she is very proud of U.S. team. All these U.S. tall volleyball girls have huge respects to her. This is close to midnight, but the celebration just began. Everyone looks for going home or starts the real trip, shopping in Beijing. Goodness, they have a huge list, asking me where to shop. I have not even began my shopping here.
I also met Dan Walsh, a bronze medalist for rowing. He is so cool, letting me play with the bronze medal. Ever since I talked with Mary, knowing there is such less money in rowing sponsorship and all U.S. rowing team members have to find a job in order to support themselves to work on their sports passion. When I ask Dan's plan, he said he has to find a job but he will not give up his rowing interest. When I asked him how come he could not consider to play for other counties teams during non-olympic time, like some soccer and basketball players. He insists that he will only represent for U.S. and will not treat his passion to the money, if he did not work for U.S. rowing team, he will be in U.S. millitary. What an impressive statement here!! If you are interested to donate money, please consider those hard working atheltes who are not in the hot sports but clearly devote themselves to it.
I need a good night sleep, but doubt it. I am looking forward to be back Dalian and get some rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment