Monday, August 4, 2008

First Day at Headquarter

Today I start my work at USOC Headquarter in Hilton Beijing. It is a new remodeled Hotel, using every possible Chinese traditional elements in this building. This morning, I did some translation, helping setup some process and making sure the details followed. I just love this group people. They have great talents, but first, they have great personalities, respect, encouraging and responsible. They all work like a team. I am in the morning shift, a very important time slot. They tried not to overwhelm me with too many tasks at the first day. But, they have been working from 6:30a.m. till evening straight for days to ensure U.S. team go well. I can not share with you the details of their names and titles. Basically, every person sits next to me with many big titles, and smiling faces to encourage one another to do better. While I am learning their profiles, I am glad that I sit here, learning from them.

By the way, tonight dinner is Peking Duck. I have to upload the pictures and videos later to impress you with this special dish.

No comments: